If you applied for Social Security disability benefits and lost your case, you may feel like giving up. However, an experienced Florida disability appeal attorney can help you take the steps you need to reapply and pursue an appeal.
Application and Appeal Options
The traditional way to apply for Social Security benefits is in person.However, many applicants and feel that applying online or by telephone is more convenient.
Applying in Person
- Your Florida disability appeal attorney can advise you that an applicant who wants to apply in person must call (800) 772-1213 to schedule an appointment to meet with a Social Security Administration representative.
- The representative can advise callers about appointment availability and the application process (including necessary documents and travel logistics).
Applying by Telephone
- Any applicant who wants to apply by telephone should call the same number—(800) 772-1213—and schedule an appointment to speak with a Social Security Administration representative.
- The representative will call the applicant at an appointed time and go through the application process, then mail the completed application forms to the applicant.
- The applicant must then look over the forms,sign them, and mail them back to his or her Social Security Administration representative in order to complete the application process
If your initial application for benefits was denied for any reason, consult a Florida disability appeal attorney to handle your case.Call the CJ Henry Law Firm, PLLC now at (352) 304-5300 to begin the appeal process.